- Penguin Audio is joining Brilliance Audio in including new titles in Overdrive's Library service. http://paidcontent.org/article/419-no-more-new-penguin-digital-audiobooks-for-libraries-either/
- AudioGo will be joining with the audio sharing site AudioBoo to include audio recordings as part of the service. http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-01/19/audioboo-audiogo
- Daniel Kraus' Rotters, read by Kirby Heyborne, is the winner of the 2012 Odyssey Award. http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/slj/home/893408-312/listening_library_nabs_2012_odyssey.html.csp
- Simply Audiobooks has released a new audiobook streaming service called audiobooks.com
- Digital sales of books are continuing to climb significantly: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/financial-reporting/article/50457-children-s-university-press-audiobooks-rise-in-aap-monthly-sales-report.html
Audiobook Club Selection
What We've Been Reading
Our audiobook sample for this show is Care and Feeding of Dragons: Confession of a Diabetic by Ahnalira Koan.
“When I died,” Ahnalira Koan begins…a head-on automobile accident and a near-death experience that resulted in the onset of type 1 diabetes, her life took a turn she didn’t expect. Amid the struggles to assimilate her health changes, she found herself on a journey of awakening. Transforming her personal tragedy into opportunity, Ahnalira learned how to embrace her fear of the “dragon within” and make it into, not only a friend, but a teacher as well. All of us are evolving, and the more consciousness we can bring to the process, the more we can expand, explains Koan in her groundbreaking new book. Filled with techniques and tips to help readers navigate any challenges that come their way, Care and Feeding of Dragons shows that all the answers needed are within reach. Using her background in Jungian psychology, Law of Attraction, and personal experience, Koan guides readers on a playful and engaging journey to becoming the best version of themselves possible. Ask for what you want. Learn to align all the parts of yourself - including the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual - and you can live a fulfilling life.
Beautifully written and filled with wit and warmth, Care and Feeding of Dragons shows you the deeper meaning behind the Law of Attraction. Deal with personality patterns that are not serving you. Figure out the patterns that are calling to “be made right”—and learn to listen to and tend your dragons instead of fighting them.
Whether you’re diabetic or you’re dealing with relationship or financial problems… or you are on a spiritual quest to awaken Consciousness, Care and Feeding of Dragons can jumpstart a new way of thinking to awaken greater possibilities. Life will always guide us to be the best we can be if we are willing to embrace the journey. Beautifully written and playfully presented, Care and Feeding of Dragons offers a guide to empowering yourself and realizing your full potential.
The audio version of the book includes two sample meditations which utilize the author's techniques.
This book is currently available from Audible, iTunes, Amblingbooks.com, and LearnOutLoud.com. Find more links here: http://openbookaudio.com/audiobook/care-and-feeding-dragons